SEPTEMBER 2014 IN FILM
Weird and productive month.
I’ve decided to start listing shorts thoroughly and separately (rather than sporadically) — in an attempt to both take the form more seriously, and encourage myself to seek out more short-form, experimental work. I’m in the the process of doing the same for literature, and am excited to see where that takes me. Perhaps I also simply felt the need to compensate for the very few feature-length films I saw this month, as I was still busy with Film POP, a 5-day sidebar of films I’ve been working on since March, and which you can read about here, here and here (French).
Now, to catch up with school and see as many films as I can at the Festival du Nouveau Cinéma.
- CINEMANIA (Angela Christlieb & Stephen Kijak, 2002)
- YXIMALLOO (Tadhg O’Sullivan & Feargal Ward, 2014)
- THE HUNGER GAMES (Gary Ross, 2012)
- THE COLOR WHEEL (Alex Ross Perry, 2011)
- PALACE OF SILENTS (Iain Kennedy, 2010)
- THE HUNGER GAMES: CATCHING FIRE (Francis Lawrence, 2013)
- BRUMES D’AUTOMNE (Dimitri Kirsanoff, 1928)
- CELLES QUI S’EN FONT (Germaine Dulac, 1928)
- LA GLACE À TROIS FACES (Jean Epstein, 1927)
- THE WAY TO SHADOW GARDEN (Stan Brakhage, 1954)
- THE LEAD SHOES (Sidney Peterson, 1949)
- AT LAND (Maya Deren, 1944)
- THE PHANTOM OF THE PARADISE (Brian De Palma, 1974)
- THE MATRIX RELOADED (Andy & Lana Wachowski, 2003)
- LISTEN UP PHILIP (Alex Ross Perry, 2014)(T)
- FINDING FELA! (Alex Gibney, 2014)(T)
- WHIPLASH (Damien Chazelle, 2014)(T)
- PARKS & RECREATION, 2x08-2x24 (completed), 3x01-3x02
- GIRLS, 1x04-1x07
- TIM & ERIC’S BEDTIME STORIES, 1x01-1x02